Lawyer Bait

The views expressed herein solely represent the author’s personal views and opinions and not of anyone else - person or organization.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Scale of Cloud Computing

I had an interesting chat with someone at one of the juggernauts in the space today and we were trading stories about Cloud Computing presentations. His comment to me was 'I saw one this morning and it showed 3 servers on it. Do these Cloud guys understand that what they are showing isn't even a test environment in the cloud'.

Exactly why I coined the term Cosmos Computing. The cloud is too small.

We are talking billions of computing components stitched together in some definable but not fully understandable way so that we can use them when we need to. Clouds are but part of and a subset of Cosmos computing.

Stay tuned while I ruminate on this some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us What You Think!