Lawyer Bait

The views expressed herein solely represent the author’s personal views and opinions and not of anyone else - person or organization.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Burton Group Dazzles

I am 2/3 of my way through the day at Catalyst and have been truly impressed by the quality of material I have had exposure too. I spent the day in the Data Center/Virtualization track and it did not disappoint. Notable take aways:

There is a right way and a not-so-right way to roll out true HA in a virtual way. The right way is simpler

'When we talk about security around a virtualized environment we get dumb again

I asked the question to one of the co-founders of Xen (who was speaking about VDI) how do you avoid the (insert software vendor here) tax? I mentioned microsoft btw. I did not get a straight answer which means one of two things - that's not the point (Citrix and Microsoft are two peas in a pod on this), or we haven't figured it out yet.

I was happy to get a premise validated in a left handed way which was that we are on the right track here at virtualizationstuff in rolling out an Unbuntu based desktop running an xTP protocol that will cost an organization $50-100/year per device running the solution. Including email using whatever client you want. The future looks bright

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us What You Think!