Lawyer Bait

The views expressed herein solely represent the author’s personal views and opinions and not of anyone else - person or organization.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Google's next big challenge - Relevancy

http://blogs.computerworld.com/19955/heres_how_i_know_google_knows_too_much_about_me_california_bat_protection

I just read this article this morning and it reinforced something I started thinking about at the end of 2011 - how the heck is Google going to stay relevant in search when so many other apps have eclipsed it? Call me crazy but Facebook and Twitter have streams of more real time information about me to target ads against than Google does.

Google doesn't know where I am, maybe where I am going, or what I am doing when I get someplace. With Twitter and Facebook, I will publish this stuff real time and Facebook and Twitter will know more than Google, they just can't do much with the information since the algos aren't close to what Google's are.

I am waiting for the startup that will take advantage of the strengths of these apps and fix the weaknesses through a cross pollination of shit that matters, and give me offers that I want, are based on reality (present & future vs catalogued past), and make money. There has to be an API ninja that can capture the real time user data anonymously - or make it anonymous - and then run it through mature algos to target better ads. No?

Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Us What You Think!